- The further you live from the equator, the longer exposure you need to the sun in order to generate vitamin D.
- People with dark skin pigmentation may need 20 - 30 times as muchexposure to sunlight as fair-skinned people to generate the same amount of vitamin D.
- Sufficient levels of vitamin D are crucial for calcium absorption inyour intestines. Without sufficient vitamin D, your body cannot absorb calcium, rendering calcium supplements useless.
- Chronic vitamin D deficiency cannot be reversed overnight: it takesmonths of vitamin D supplementation and sunlight exposure to rebuildthe body's vitamin D stores.
- Even weak sunscreens (SPF=8) block your body's ability to generatevitamin D by 95%.
- It is impossible to generate too much vitamin D in your body from sunlight exposure: your body will self-regulate and only generate what it needs.
- If it hurts to press firmly on your sternum, you may very well be suffering from chronic vitamin D deficiency right now.
- Vitamin D is "activated" in your body by your kidneys and liver before it can be used.
- Having kidney disease or liver damage can greatly impair your body's ability to activate circulating vitamin D.
- The sunscreen industry doesn't want you to know that your body actually needs sunlight exposure because it would mean lower sales of sunscreen products.
- Even though vitamin D is one of the most powerful healing chemicals in your body, your body makes it absolutely free. No prescription required.
- Diseases and conditions cause by vitamin D deficiency: Osteoporosis is commonly caused by a lack of vitamin D, which greatly impairs calcium absorption. Sufficient vitamin D prevents prostate cancer, breast cancer, ovarian cancer, depression, colon cancer and schizophrenia."Rickets" is the name of a bone-wasting disease caused by vitamin D deficiency.Vitamin D deficiency may exacerbate type 2 diabetes and impair insulin production in the pancreas.
- Obesity impairs vitamin D utilization in the body, meaning obese people need twice as much vitamin D.
- Vitamin D is used around the world to treat Psoriasis.
- Vitamin D deficiency may be linked to one of the causes schizophrenia.
- Seasonal Affective Disorder is caused by a melatonin imbalance initiated by lack of exposure to sunlight.
- Chronic vitamin D deficiency is often misdiagnosed as fibromyalgia because its symptoms are so similar: muscle weakness, aches and pains.
- Your risk of developing serious diseases like diabetes and cancer is reduced 50% - 80% through simple, sensible exposure to natural sunlight 2-3 times each week. Infants who receive vitamin D supplementation (2000 units daily) have an 80% reduced risk of developing type 1 diabetes over the next twenty years.
Shocking Vitamin D deficiency statistics:
- 32% of doctors and med school students are vitamin D deficient.
- 40% of the U.S. population is vitamin D deficient.
- 42% of African American women of childbearing age are deficient in vitamin D.
- 48% of young girls (9-11 years old) are vitamin D deficient.
- Up to 60% of all hospital patients are vitamin D deficient.
- 76% of pregnant mothers are severely vitamin D deficient, causing widespread vitamin D deficiencies in their unborn children, which predisposes them to type 1 diabetes, arthritis, multiple sclerosis and schizophrenia later in life. Up to 80% of nursing home patients are vitamin D deficient.
We currently use a Vitamin D source that is emulsified which allows it to be absorbed directly into the gut without the need to be digested like most other Vitamin D supplements. Because Vitamin D is fat soluble, it must be digested with bile to become emulsified so it can be absorbed. People who have had their gall bladders removed may have impaired Vitamin D absorption.